I love that I can deliver
real results. I have the
opportunity to be on the
frontline delivering tangible
outcomes for clients.”
BT Financial Group
READ MORE >>
12 months; 3 x 4 month rotations
Do you have a future with the bank that’s prepared for the future?
BT Financial Group is one of Australia’s leading wealth management organisations. We strive to delight our customers through providing innovative products and services to help manage, preserve and create wealth. Graduates from all degree disciplines are welcome to apply for the BT Financial Group Program, but our ideal future prospects will value driving deep and enduring customer relationships.
Our future? We have a goal to be number one in wealth by 2017 with a mission to help people prepare for their financial future. Our attention is focused squarely on our customers - they are at the heart of everything we do.
Why join us?
As a Grad within BT Financial Group, you will gain experience across a diverse range of roles and we will empower you so you’ll get to work on the same kinds of projects and activities as our more senior employees.
You have the opportunity to actively participate in roles within our customer, product and sales and service business units.
Our private banking business is the second largest in Australia and our bank-tied and affiliated advice networks have more than 1,500 financial planners, making it one of the largest in the country.
You’ll also be working with the largest retail administrator of superannuation, retirement and investments in Australia with more than $136 billion in total investments.
Your graduate journey
You’ll have the opportunity to rotate through different teams to build your experience and grow your network. In the past grads have been lucky enough to work on a range of exciting projects as well as getting hands-on experience in all the business basics, and the practical aspects of data analytics, entry level product roles, reporting, marketing, and understanding how we support our customers across our range of products and services.
Each BT Graduate will complete three rotations centred around the BTFG 3Cs and in key roles - a fourth and final rotation will be determined based on career goals. Our 3 C’s are our people strategy to drive our business forward, Customer Focused, Commercial and Connected.
Some of specific areas our graduates get exposure to may include:
- Supporting our Bank Financial Planners to help deliver more advice to more Australians
- The opportunity to be involved in the research, design and recommendation of the future state of SMSF products across our company.
- Running models associated with benchmarking environmental, social and governance issues within fund portfolios.
- Exposure to the development and management of our wealth products and platforms.
- Liaising with our Bankers and Associate Private Bankers to understand our key clients’ banking and wealth requirements.
- Developing a business risk reporting, gaining a solid understanding of key credit risk metrics, and how end users are in a position to make informed decisions around credit.
- Analysing key drivers of expense and revenue
- Working on a range of BT wide projects including working with cutting-edge technologies and approaches to project management
See your career take shape
Career development isn’t something we just talk about at BTFG, it’s a plan that’s discussed regularly with your manager and executed throughout your graduate year and beyond.
Some examples of roles former graduates are now performing in our business are:
- Financial Planner
- Marketing Specialist
- Business Development Manager
- Product Manager
- Operations managers
- Sales Manager
- Client Consultant
- Assistant Private Banker
- Senior analysts (various specialisations)
This is just a few of the opportunities available, there are many more across the group!