Who we are
When you join us, you’ll become part of a major piece of Australian history. Because we’re not just Australia’s first bank; we’re Australia’s first company.
We started our journey in 1817 as the Bank of New South Wales - Australia’s first company. Since then we’ve evolved to meet the changing times, time after time. Put simply, we are a 200 year old start up. Only our start-up has grown to be internationally known and is now made up of some of the most respected financial companies.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT US
- Although we’re the Westpac Group, our family includes a range of household names like BankSA, St. George Bank, BT Financial Group, RAMs and Bank of Melbourne.
- Our goals are to be courageous in the market, make a difference to our world and ultimately give our customers the best possible service experience.
- We live and breathe our vision to be one of the world’s great service companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow.
- To help us make our vision a reality, we're guided by our five core values of Delighting customers, One team, Integrity, Courage and Achievement.
Think that banks only care about themselves? You'll change your mind once you've joined our team.
We've made a commitment to put our customers first in everything we do; we're calling it the Service Revolution. We want to change the way people think about our bank. Basically, we're striving to give our customers an exceptional experience, every time — and you can be part of that.
One of our Business Analysts from Group Tech, Goddy, was so inspired by our Service Revolution that he made a video to help show you what you could be part of.
New ways of working
You might imagine that working at a bank means being stuck in a dull and unfriendly office space. But that’s not the case at Westpac Group.
We believe that work is not a place that you go; it's something that you do and achieve. We’re re-designing our workspaces within an agile working framework, which allows our people to choose how, when and where they work. It’s all about mixing independence with collaboration, and being ok with the unexpected.
How is agile working
transforming our offices?
- We provide a choice of workspaces for different working styles
- In many of our offices there isn’t fixed desks; instead teams work in ‘neighbourhoods’
- We are also transforming how we use technology, and in particular, limiting our use of paper
- We put our people at the centre of our workplaces and motivate them to do great things
- We have over 100 Bank Now branches that have been re-designed using the agile framework, which means removing physical barriers and allowing our people to be in front of customers.
MEET OUR OFFICES
Joining our team means you’ll get to work in some of Australia’s most iconic locations, as well as technology-enabled branches, architecturally designed agile working spaces, and dedicated operations and customer service hubs. Some of our spaces include:
Barangaroo – this new yet iconic workplace leads the way in standards for employee health and flexibility, with facilities including two internal cafes, innovation hub, wellness centre, library, end-of-trip facilities, BBQ area and outdoor terrace, on-site employee banking and a 200 seat auditorium.
Kent St – a well-known location in the CBD, the Kent St office includes three internal cafes, innovation spaces, a wellness centre, end-of-trip facilities, employee banking services and a BBQ area and outdoor terrace.
Kogarah – this purpose-built technology hub is the epicentre of our A$1.3 billion digital transformation, and features state-of-the-art facilities, an internal café, ‘The Hive’ innovation centre, wellness centre and on-site gym, outdoor BBQ and rooftop terrace, on-site employee banking and employee bus services.
Our Victorian Head office - We're the anchor tenant in 150 Collins Street Melbourne, in a heritage precinct in the heart of the CBD. This state-of-the-art workspace is in the middle of a vibrant area of Melbourne.
We also have over 100 tech-savvy Bank Now branches that embrace flexibility and technology to put our people front-and-centre with our customers.